Tuesday 8 May 2012

Danny Allison Analysis




This is my analysis of Danny Allison and his illustrations, such as the ones above which are just a few from his gallery that I particularly liked. I liked these ones as well as several others mostly because of the textural elements which differentiate them from other illustrations as well as each other. I feel that the spray and grainy quality of the pieces creates another dimension and depth to the images in them such as the train piece, the spray effect makes the train look like it is going at speed and this is an effect which works so well. I think that the use of chalk and charcoal textures is very powerful in the piece and adding power to whatever part of the picture that it illustrates. I have tried to embrace some of the techniques that I have seen in his illustrations and will incorporate them into my final piece and future illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment