Tuesday 8 May 2012

Chris Ede Analysis



I will be analysing Chris Ede and in particular these examples of his work which I particularly liked from his very large portfolio of illustrations. Chris Ede is a freelance contemporary illustrator. He is known for his computer manipulated mix of hand drawn and photo elements with multi textural, conceptual and in some pieces humorous illustration styles. I really have taken a lot of inspiration from Chris Ede in my research and development of ideas and this should be very clear in my final outcomes. I find the way he uses colour and texture very interesting have definitely tried to adopt some of the techniques that I observed in his work. This type of illustration is probably made in Photoshop and includes scanning in photos or drawings and using them in conjunction with the tools in Adobe Photoshop to layer and blend the different pieces until it becomes what we are presented as the end product. To conclude I think that this type of illustration is very impressive aesthetically and excellent for showcasing your photography or drawing skills as well as how well you understand Adobe Photoshop and that is why Chris Ede is one of my favourite illustrators.

No comments:

Post a Comment