Thursday 23 February 2012

My Exam Brief


Illustration


Why have you selected this brief?  

I feel that this is the brief, which best suites the type of graphical art I enjoy and would like to develop my skills in.

What are you planning to look at for primary/secondary research?

I am planning to look at tickets from events I participated in held in Manchester and also for secondary research of train tickets from the Manchester Metrolink service and postage evidence from the internet and any other secondary sources I can get a hold of.

Which artists/designers will you be looking at?

The artists I will mainly be looking at and taking inspiration from is: Lizzie Finn, Tim Marrs, Andy Potts and Yulia Brodskaya.

What materials/techniques would you like to experiment with?

I would like to have the opportunity to do some deep experimentation with pastels because i think they give a very unique texture and depth to any piece and i would like to experiment with that.

Which outcome(s) are you planning to make?

I would like to make a set of 5 postcards because I think I could incorporate both my illustrative skills but also show a good grasp of the concept of travel buy designing the postcard aesthetics.



1 comment:

  1. Well done you have explained your choice of brief well you just need to add a copy of the brief to this post to complete it!

    ReplyDelete