Wednesday 6 February 2013

Evaluation of Personal Project

For this project we were able to choose what we were going to do but it must tie into the CD packaging project. We then created are very own brief for how we wanted to go about the project in any medium we wanted.

I started off by creating 3 unique initial ideas as a starting point before developing them as mood boards  and putting elements of them all into a mindmap. After all the planning I decided to act upon making a authentic tour poster and t shirt for the tour as promotional products for the tour. I then proceeded to analyse Nikki Pilkington and Johnny Cheuk as these were artists that enjoyed mixing materials and different types of media to produce different outcomes. I also analysed two posters that J Cole, my artist  had used previously and through analysis of the posters I used them as inspiration for my own work. I then started the experimentation phase, experimenting with different tutorials found on Youtube and handmade work inspired directly by Nikki Pilkington, I found this stage the best in terms of development of ideas and general progression especially in terms of thinking towards my final.

 I finally started my final outcome and I felt extremely confident about starting as I knew exactly how I was going to do it and was eager to turn my thoughts into reality. I started by creating a base photo I could use for my idea but this would mean merging three completely different images together to create a whole new independent photograph which i had learnt earlier this year. This was already difficult as because of the resolution from the poor camera combined with the mirror having noticeable streaks on it meant as well as working through several layers of masking I also had to use the mixer brush tool on specific setting to disguise the streaks not to spoil the entire piece.

After creating the photo I added the effects starting on the evil side, I added the flames masking and texturing them so they looked as authentic and genuine as possible on the body, I turned up the levels and hue saturation layers and masked it to the left side and the light would be most noticeable on that sideI also added and extra glow layer and masked it over the body to add an effect of heat coming off from the flames.

I then advanced on to the good side of the image, I used an energy ball photoshop tutorial I had found in independent study and experimented with it to create the aura effect I was looking for, I also applied it in different ways with different strength layering them to show the power radiating from the model. After initially completing the aura through assistance from the tutorial I decided that it was still not exactly the effect I desired and changed some of the layer setting to make the lighting more radiant and shimmering adding the star tool effect I had created to the aura as well.

I created the title using the same effects that I had used for there associating parts of the image, and fonts that correspond with the affect that it is supposed to represent before masking them in to the original image. The image was then put into traditional poster format using the analysis of J Coles previously used posters that had inspired me.

I am very pleased with how my outcomes have come out altogether as a whole because I feel that they have come out exactly how I envisioned which is always the goal when you start out. I also feel that the poster is very realistic and something that could potentially be used for real in the real world.



No comments:

Post a Comment