Monday 30 January 2012

Experiments: Swing Tags



I experimented with different designs of swing tags from my research examples of swing tags and also my in depth analysis of three different brand's swing tags. I found that the tag itself was the most limited in design change because of the purpose it is supposed to serve; as a small source of information on a product and eye catching advertising. Other than shape and surface pattern there wasn't much I could do different for my tag therefore I decided to concentrate on the part that attaches my tag to the product or box.
I first tried using white plastic string which I threaded through my tag and attached to the box but found it frayed very easily because of the very relaxed and loose binding which made the box and swing tag look very unprofessional and messy. The second method i tried was the standard string which i found was more sturdy and stronger than the plastic string but lacked in originality, eye catching abilities or practicality which is probably the reason was not used on any of the swing tags I researched or analysed.
I finally settled on metallic coloured ribbon that complimented the colours of the surface pattern on the tag. I used three individual length of ribbon all the same length to add depth and layers. I used the colours red, blue and silver I used these colours because they went well with the tag colours but instead of standard ribbon I used metallic coloured ribbon to add an eye-catching factor and also the three separate pieces of ribbon to add to that eye catching feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment