Tuesday 13 December 2011

Christmas Work - Surface Patterns

 This is one of my surface patterns using the technique marbling, for this i used mostly blue and three quarters as much red and splashed some yellow in just to add another element to the pattern i encouraged the pattern by mixing, but only in certain areas so it didn't all look the same or look like a purple blur.

 This surface pattern is simply all xbox 360 game discs shiny side up facing the light to cause the rainbow effect I chose xbox 360 discs because as you can see they have a shiny inner ring with the logo in it so I used them to hard another dimension to the surface pattern idea.

 This surface pattern idea is completely made from xbox 360 discs of different games in a 4-3-4 formation and a line of Kinect games diagonally down the middle of the shot. I overlapped some of the discs because I thought I added depth to the picture instead of just a 4 by 3 grid of discs.

For this I used highlighters in a crosshatch similar to my final logo design, I thought of doing this with colouring pencils but opted to use highlighter because after trying it out found it didn't give the holographic effect that the highlighters did in such an outstanding way almost looking 3D on the page, I actual used a condensed version of my net to construct this on as you can see above.

No comments:

Post a Comment