Monday 17 September 2012

AS-A2 Summer Project

My Hennie Haworth inspired typography piece, i tried to use a large variety of materials including pencil, birol, crayon, fel tip pens, charcoal, oil pastel, highlighter and markers all words related to my themed artist J Cole
 This is my hand made paper cutting piece, the base is made from card for a thick base to build from, I wrote out J Cole themed phrases in a hip hop inspired text and cut and stuck it down on the base giving the piece two levels, I layered a piece of paper of the second level and cut cutout holes to expose the typographic phrases to add a third level, the final fourth level was added detail of 3D flying shapes coloured in for added detail and colour contrast.


 This is my paper stitching influenced by J Cole's coined phrase "Villematic" which I stitched into card and added a multicoloured border


This is my J Cole themed collage made in my own bubble memory style with images of J Cole and their influences of his music and urban and hip hop culture

This is my pencil drawn picture of J Cole the rapper and talented musician raised in North Carolina

This is my pencil drawn piece of an acoustic guitar

This is a photograph of a still life composition that I designed based around hip hop culture; it features basketball shoes and Dr Dre headphones

This was made with melted crayons which I drizzled to create a rain effect, the umbrella is made from paper cut magazine pieces, the handle was made from a tooth pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment